The importance of changing your vehicle’s oil cannot be understated. The process of changing the oil in your car helps maintain its health. However, when it comes time to do so, many people struggle with the actual process, as it can be confusing. That is why we’ve decided to assemble step-by-step instructions on how to change your vehicle’s oil.
- Step #1: Start your vehicle so that the engine and the oil become warm, but not hot.
- Step #2: Spread a large amount of plastic sheeting on the ground.
- Step #3: Drive your vehicle over the plastic sheeting.
- Step #4: Use a jack to lift your car off the ground.
- Step #5: Set your jack stands in their proper place and lower the vehicle again.
- Step #6: Smear new oil on your new filter’s gasket.
- Step #7: Remove your vehicle’s drain plug to get the oil flowing.
- Step #8: Remove your vehicle’s old oil filter.
- Step #9: Replace it with your new filter.
- Step #10: Install and tighten a new gasket on the plug.
- Step #11: Add the new oil to your engine.
- Step #12: Recycle your old oil.
- Step #13: Use a jack to raise the car and remove the jack stands.
- Step #14: Lower your vehicle to the ground.
- Step #15: Clean your work area.
With that, the process of changing your vehicle’s oil will be complete! Good luck with all your car maintenance.
If the steps on how to change your vehicle’s oil sounds too intimidating, bring it in to Randall Mitsubishi. We’ll be happy to help!