Take to the road with a new set of resolutions to kick off 2017. Finding the perfect New Year’s resolution can be a struggle for many drivers. As it turns out, the right resolution could be behind the wheel of your vehicle.
- Tires – There’s little doubt the tires are one of the most important parts of your vehicle, which is why maintaining them is pertinent to many. Tires that aren’t properly cared for will create decreased fuel economy, a rougher ride, and wear faster. Take a few minutes each week to make sure there’s enough tread and that the tires are properly inflated this year.
- Idling –One good way to waste money is by idling in the driveway. Winter is cold, which causes many drivers to let their car idle in order to warm up. The popularity of remote starters certainly doesn’t help matters either. In reality, the fastest way to warm up your vehicle is to drive. Most engines are ready to roll after just one minute of being turned on.
- Maintenance – Keeping up with routine maintenance should be high on most to-do lists. Keep your car operating at peak performance by making service appointments and consulting your owner’s manual.
We here at Randall Mitsubishi hope you try one of these New Year resolutions for drivers in 2017!
Get a head start on spring cleaning by cleaning out your car!
Is your car so dirty that you have to borrow your friend’s car every time you have a date? Is it so dirty it has been home to several generations of flies? If you said yes to either of these—or if your car could just use a good scrubbing—follow these tips for keeping your car clean.
# 1 – The gas station ain’t just for filling up! Every time you fill up, take the opportunity to clean out your car. Cleaning it as you go prevents trash from building up to point where cleaning up seems overwhelming.
# 2 – Keep a lid on it. If you are the kind of person that likes to snack in the car, put your snacks in some kind of lidded containers. This is especially true for beverages. We know coffee tastes better without a lid, but a coffee spill can be hard to get out!
# 3 – Always keep a trash bin. Without a trash bin, you are more apt to indulge in nasty habits, like just throwing trash on the floor.
# 4 – Keep cleanup materials with you! Something as simple as wipes can help you attack those potential stains as soon as they happen. It’s just like medicine—preventative housekeeping is the best housekeeping.
After cleaning out your car, bring your car over to Randall Mitsubishi service department for a tune up!
Knowing how to use car jacks is very important especially is you get a flat tire.
While using a car jack stand is pretty easy, there are also a lot of ways to do it dangerously, so it’s important to know how to use a car jack safely before you attempt it.
First, know that there’s a difference between a scissor jack and a jack stand. Scissor jacks shouldn’t be used all the time and are only for emergency situations. You should usually use a jack stand.
When you go to jack up your car, make sure you’re on a flat, level surface. Pull your parking brake up and put some kind of blocks behind the tires to keep the car from sliding backward or forward while you’re underneath it.
Position the jack under a sturdy piece of the frame, and not the outside part with paint on it. Get under the car a little and look for a divot near the wheel—that part is meant for jacks! Using two jack stands is safest. Crank them up so there’s just enough room to fit underneath and lock them. Shake the car a bit to see if it moves too much. Afterward, lower the jacks and you’re done!
For service repairs and service advice, visit the experts at Randall Mitsubishi in San Angelo!
Finding new, efficient ways to clean your car can help keep it looking like new!
Cleaning your car is something every driver should know how to do. Some drivers may want to get it over with as a fast as possible. As a result, they tend to miss some spots. There are a few key places that can make your car look and remain clean with some elbow grease. We here at Randall Mitsubishi have a few quick car cleaning tips to make your car look new!
- The Vents Even with air filters, dirt and dust can pile up inside the vent just out of reach. To reach it, you’ll need a few tools, none of which are expensive. First, take a long, thin brush and spray it with furniture polish. Stick it in the vent and dust around. Wipe the dirt and dust off the brush with a rag and move to the next vent. Doing so will keep dust and dirt from reclaiming your car when you turn on the air.
- The Leather If your car has leather, you’ll want to give it a good cleaning even if it doesn’t look bad. You’ll be surprised just how dirty it was when you’re done! Cleaning is simple. Buy a cleaner meant specifically for leather and spray it on. After it’s sat for a while, wipe the spray – and dirt – off. Be sure to add conditioner to keep the leather clean for a long time!
- The Windows Cleaning the windows goes a long way and you don’t need much to do it. A simple window cleaner and cloth is just about it. Be sure to roll down the window to clean the very top!