An oil change doesn’t have to be complicated. Follow these steps to learn how!
The importance of changing your vehicle’s oil cannot be understated. The process of changing the oil in your car helps maintain its health. However, when it comes time to do so, many people struggle with the actual process, as it can be confusing. That is why we’ve decided to assemble step-by-step instructions on how to change your vehicle’s oil.
- Step #1: Start your vehicle so that the engine and the oil become warm, but not hot.
- Step #2: Spread a large amount of plastic sheeting on the ground.
- Step #3: Drive your vehicle over the plastic sheeting.
- Step #4: Use a jack to lift your car off the ground.
- Step #5: Set your jack stands in their proper place and lower the vehicle again.
- Step #6: Smear new oil on your new filter’s gasket.
- Step #7: Remove your vehicle’s drain plug to get the oil flowing.
- Step #8: Remove your vehicle’s old oil filter.
- Step #9: Replace it with your new filter.
- Step #10: Install and tighten a new gasket on the plug.
- Step #11: Add the new oil to your engine.
- Step #12: Recycle your old oil.
- Step #13: Use a jack to raise the car and remove the jack stands.
- Step #14: Lower your vehicle to the ground.
- Step #15: Clean your work area.
With that, the process of changing your vehicle’s oil will be complete! Good luck with all your car maintenance.
If the steps on how to change your vehicle’s oil sounds too intimidating, bring it in to Randall Mitsubishi. We’ll be happy to help!
The Mitsubishi Mirage makes loyal customers with its excellent fuel economy and affordable pricing.
We at Randall Mitsubishi are proud to offer the Mitsubishi Mirage, which was recognized by the IHS Automotive for the highest model loyalty for 2015.
This makes the second consecutive model year that the 5-door-sub-compact has been recognized with a model loyalty award in the Non-Luxury Traditional Sub-Compact Car Segment.
The IHS Automotive loyalty performance is determined when a household that owns a particular make/model returns to by the same make/model.
Don Swearingen, executive vice president of MMNA stated, “The Mitsubishi Mirage is one of the true hidden gems in the automotive industry and this IHS award validates that claim.” He also discusses how faithful owners understand and appreciate the Mirage, which offers leading fuel economy, attractive pricing, and a great vehicle warranty.
Last year produced record-breaking sales with an increase of nearly 30 percent. This boost in sales is encouraging when considering the new 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage. The new model has a refreshed exterior design, improved performance, and incorporates Apple CarPlay and AndroidAuto.
We at Randall Mitsubishi are excited to see the continued success of the Mitsubishi Mirage. If you would like to see why the Mirage continues to win customer loyalty, stop by for a test drive!