Although the joys of car ownership are many, regular car maintenance is usually not one of them. Unless you happen to be a car tech expert like our experienced technicians here at Randall Mitsubishi. While there are many aspects to caring for your car, knowing the basics of car battery maintenance is essential for every driver.
We at Randall Mitsubishi are glad to help. Here are a few fast facts about your car’s battery that will enable you to take better care of it:
- A car battery should last about six years.
- No matter how kind you are to your battery, eventually, it will die. Here are a few signs that your battery is nearing the end of its shelf life:
- Slow cranking upon ignition
- Battery warning light turns on
- Basic electronics stop functioning (i.e. electronic locks or power windows)
- Your battery can overheat, especially here in Texas. Intense heat can literally evaporate your battery fluid.
- Sometimes, it’s not the battery’s fault. If you’re experiencing dead-battery-like symptoms, it could be due to worn spark plugs or clogged fuel injectors.
You can always expect honest and courteous service from our technicians at Randall Mitsubishi. Schedule your next regular maintenance appointment with us today!