This Valentine’s Day and on all date nights to come – though driving safety may be the last thing on your mind – we urge you to think otherwise. The influence of your favorite music, alcohol, and even an intoxicating date can quickly make a casual drive dangerous.
Not sure where to begin? Check out these Valentine’s Day driving tips, which are relevant year-round.
- Let your date, or whoever is in the passenger’s seat, choose the music that’s playing, so you can keep your hands on the wheel.
- Though you may be tempted to wear your most fancy shoes for a big date, be sure to have something comfortable to wear behind the wheel.
- Don’t pick up your cell phone. Not only is it dangerous, but also, your date may appreciate it if you avoid your phone for most of the evening.
- Perhaps stick with safe foods if you are going out to eat. You don’t want to find yourself in desperate need of the bathroom while you’re driving your date around.
- And lastly – never, ever drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Your vehicle, your life, and potentially the lives of others, are never worth it.
For more driving safety tips, or to pick out a brand new car to whisk away your date, visit us any time at Randall Mitsubishi.